iotaSciences, a University of Oxford spin-out, is an innovative and fast-growing biotechnology company that emerged from the Universities engineering
and biology departments. We offer unique solutions to cell line development. These solutions accelerate and advance biomedicine across a wide range of
applications including gene editing, disease modelling and drug discovery; with current customers from universities, hospitals and industry. Our employees
are motivated to deliver the most innovative next generation technologies in biomedicine that will ultimately translate ideas to clinics faster.
About the role
Do you consider yourself a scientist at heart, but also enjoy the challenge of sales? Are you interested in new technologies and figuring out
how they can help deliver new discoveries? If you answered yes to these questions and enjoy working in a dynamic environment of a growing
start-up in biotech then consider joining iotaSciences as we enter our scale-up phase.
The Application Scientist - Sales will focus on sales activities by utilising their technical knowledge to develop and execute lead generation
strategy, demonstrations and training and build customer relations. As an influential member of our sales team, you will play an important
role in educating scientists and driving interest for our products. You’ll work with an experienced Applications Specialist and as a team,
you’ll coordinate efforts in managing the customer experience from leads to post-sale customer support. You will be expected to take on a
leading role in leads to customer conversion.
The candidate should have a technical/scientific background. Previous experience in technical sales or as a fields application scientist would
be desirable. As we are entering a scale-up phase with a unique technology there will be excellent opportunities for growth and diversity of
experience. As a young business we can offer you the opportunity to gain experience across many departments and thereby adding to your skill set.
By deepening your understand of our business you will deliver the best possible experience for potential customers and contribute to our growth.
• Developing and executing a sales plan to increase lead generation.
• Continuous management, qualification and growth of leads.
• Be responsible for converting leads into customers.
• Documenting, tracking and managing all leads and customer interaction through Salesforce CRM.
• Identify Key Opinion Leaders in target market segments and a strategy to convert them to customers.
• Giving product/scientific presentations at potential customer sites and conference events.
• Representing the company at conference exhibits and sales events.
• Representing the company at customer sites.
• Supporting the development of marketing collateral in close collaboration with other departments including biology and marketing.
• Understanding market and application dynamics and become a conduit between customer internal stakeholders to improve products and customer
• Provide suggestions towards product development feedback to aid in translating customer needs into future products or services.
• Provide assistance with customer applications and support as required.
• Under ordinary circumstances, candidates should be willing to travel regularly for work, up to 50% travel.
Required qualifications and experience
• Graduate in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
• Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
• Experience of sales in the life sciences industry.
Desirable qualifications and experience
• Experience in the use of digital media for lead generation.
• Experience using Salesforce as a CRM.
• Experience in at least one of the following – cell line development, CRISPR, gene editing or iPSC.
• Reporting and continuous monitoring through salesforce tools.
Interested in making a real impact across biomedicine and joining a growing business; please submit a cover letter detailing
how you address the requirements of this position and your earliest start date along with your CV by e-mail to email@example.com
Opportunity for this role to be Full or Part Time. Closing date for applications is 30th November 2021.