iotaSciences, a University of Oxford spin-out, is an innovative and fast-growing biotechnology company that emerged from the Universities engineering
and biology departments. We offer unique solutions to cell line development. These solutions accelerate and advance biomedicine across a wide range of
applications including gene editing, disease modelling and drug discovery; with current customers from universities, hospitals and industry. Our employees
are motivated to deliver the most innovative next generation technologies in biomedicine that will ultimately translate ideas to clinics faster.
About the role
If you would like the opportunity to bring new technologies to the market, with unique value propositions, that help scientists accelerate their workflows
in genome engineering to cell line development then this offer might be for you.
As we are entering a scale-up phase with a unique technology there will be excellent opportunities for growth and diversity of experience. As a young
business we can offer you the opportunity to gain experience across many departments and thereby adding to your skill set. By deepening your understand
of our business you will deliver the best possible experience for potential customers and contribute to our growth.
The successful candidate will be part of our marketing and sales team, providing a leading roles in generation of MQLs and SQLs where the initial focus
will be on the UK market. These efforts will be supported by internal (applications and marketing managers) alongside external MQL generating activities.
You will be expected to take a leading role in customer acquisition from first contact to conversion.
The main purpose of the role is to drive sales for iota’s products by refining the sales strategy focussed on the UK market, building relationships
with leads, supporting events and conferences. Generating and following up on leads. Presenting at various forums and defining marketing activities to
support sales growth.
• Achieve sales targets in line with the company strategy.
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
• Refine and implement strategic sales plan that establishes the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
• Attend conferences and workshops and support customer demonstrations at these events initially focussed on the UK markets with expansion to
Europe and the US in future years.
• Work with product marketing/applications manager to refine our go-to-market approach and collect and report back Voice of the Customer.
• Help identify and bring on board channel partners to support future growth and product roadmap execution.
• Keep accurate and up to date records of customer interactions in the CRM and manage the sales funnel through the CRM.
• Maintain a professional awareness of competitor activity, product developments, customer requirements.
• Typical performance measures will include:
• Drive iota’s sales activities to achieve and exceed agreed targets.
• Effectively manage the sales funnel in the CRM.
• Provide realistic sales forecasts to support the company operations and strategy.
Required qualifications and experience
• Graduate or equivalent.
• Life Science background.
• A working knowledge of strategic and relationship selling approaches would be desirable.
• Excellent business communication skills, verbal and written English.
• International awareness, understands different communication needs across different territories and cultures.
• Minimum 2 years-experience in scientific instrumentation sales, ideally with a customer-base in cell biology.
Desirable qualifications and experience
• Working with distributors and channel partners.
• Experience with a CRM system, ideally Salesforce.
• Driven to succeed and perform in an ambitious and fast moving start-up environment.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
• Proactive. Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to achieve (and exceed) business objectives. Initiates actions to develop new and
better ways of working, using past experience and any mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
• Well organised and plans in order to meet objectives. Makes appropriate adjustments when progress is not as planned or when requirements change.
Plans own time to maximum effect.
• Customer focused. Places customer satisfaction as the highest priority. Understands the values and benefits concepts for the different customer
types and uses this knowledge to good effect.
Interested in making a real impact across biomedicine and joining a growing business; please submit a cover letter detailing
how you address the requirements of this position and your earliest start date along with your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2022.