iotaSciences, a University of Oxford spin-out, is an innovative and fast-growing biotechnology company that emerged from the Universities engineering
and biology departments. We offer unique solutions to cell line development. These solutions accelerate and advance biomedicine across a wide range of
applications including gene editing, disease modelling and drug discovery; with current customers from universities, hospitals and industry. Our employees
are motivated to deliver the most innovative next generation technologies in biomedicine that will ultimately translate ideas to clinics faster.
About the role
We are seeking a highly organized and competent individual to support our R&D and evolve our current and future product and service offerings.
In your role you will work with and support senior staff and lab management both, independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team to design,
perform, analyse and report on high quality experiments.
• General laboratory housekeeping such as lab consumables & chemicals inventory, waste management and equipment maintenance.
• Cell culture maintenance (mammalian cells, including iPSCs).
• Cell Biological Assays (such as, single-cell cloning, gene expression, marker expression).
• Support the development and optimization of protocols and workflows.
• Support Quality Control to ensure compliance with set regulatory and quality standards.
• Testing new product features and providing feedback.
• Attend meetings and regular progress report.
• Support the development and maintenance of documents and procedures within laboratory.
• Support the management of risk assessments and COSHH documentation.
• Participate proactively and productively in group and project meetings & discussions.
• Motivated individual excited to work within a multifunctional team of scientists and engineers.
• Educated to an appropriate degree in Biology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology or related subject.
• Experience working in a laboratory (either academic or commercial).
• Experience in mammalian cell culture.
• Familiar with standard molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, sequence analysis, transfection, DNA/RNA purification.
• Strong problem-solving & critical-thinking skills.
• Enthusiasm for technical challenges.
• Good time management and attention to detail.
• Proactive communicator with project team.
• Stem Cell Culture.
• Familiar with gene editing technologies & molecular characterization of edited cells.
• Single cell cloning.
• Familiar with QMS, Quality Assurance & executing Quality Control.
Interested in making a real impact across biomedicine and joining a growing business; please submit a cover letter detailing
how you address the requirements of this position and your earliest start date along with your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity for this role to be Full or Part Time. Closing date for applications is 31st January 2022.