iotaSciences, a University of Oxford spin-out, is an innovative and fast-growing biotechnology company that emerged from the Universities engineering
and biology departments. We offer unique solutions to cell line development. These solutions accelerate and advance biomedicine across a wide range of
applications including gene editing, disease modelling and drug discovery; with current customers from universities, hospitals and industry. Our employees
are motivated to deliver the most innovative next generation technologies in biomedicine that will ultimately translate ideas to clinics faster.
About the role
If you wish to bring new products to market, drive and support the adoption of technology in the field, and have a hands-on mentality, then this offer
might be for you.
The successful candidate will be part of our Applications team, providing technical support and training to clients and customers, diagnosing and
troubleshooting the company’s instruments, supporting the development and evolution of instruments, as well as supporting the development of additional
applications using the innovative fluid-shaping capabilities developed by iotaSciences. The candidate will also be an influential member of our Sales
team, playing an important role in educating scientists and driving interest for our products; you’ll coordinate efforts in managing the customer
experience from leads to post-sale customer support; and you will be expected to take on a leading role in leads to customer conversion.
As we are entering a scale-up phase with a unique technology there will be excellent opportunities for growth and diversity of experience. As a young
business we can offer you the opportunity to gain experience across many departments and thereby adding to your skill set. By deepening your understand
of our business you will deliver the best possible experience for potential customers and contribute to our growth.
• Gain a complete understanding of the product operation and workflow with hands-on experience.
• Provide technical training to customers, including wet-lab demonstrations and software training.
• Provide continuous support to customers pre- and post-sale, in person, via phone, e-mail or web.
• Present to scientific audiences in academic/industry settings.
• Represent the company at international conferences and exhibitions with view to lead generation.
• Participate in the development of new products ideas, including supporting materials as well as feasibility testing.
• Support the development of training material, courses and workshops.
• Continuous management, qualification and growth of leads.
• Support the conversion of leads into customers.
• Documenting, tracking and managing all leads and customer interaction through Salesforce CRM.
• Supporting the development of marketing collateral in close collaboration with other departments including biology, engineering and marketing.
• The position entails travelling to represent the company inside/outside the UK on a regular basis.
Required qualifications and experience
• BSc degree in life sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 4+ years of hands-on experience in molecular-and cell biology/biochemistry
lab, 2+ years for applicants with MSc/PhD degree
• Experience in at least one of the following – cell line development, CRISPR, gene editing or iPSC.
• Experience in optimising and establishing workflows related to cell biology.
• Strong data analyses and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
• Ability and willingness to travel, including international travel.
Desirable qualifications and experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Experience in troubleshooting instrumentation and related applications.
• Experience in promoting companies/products at conferences/exhibitions.
• Strong communications skills, presenting scientific complex matter to layman audiences.
• Experience in customer support.
• Experience of sales in the life sciences industry.
• Experience using Salesforce as a CRM.
Interested in making a real impact across biomedicine and joining a growing business; please submit a cover letter detailing
how you address the requirements of this position and your earliest start date along with your CV by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2022.